Driving perfection?

Not really had much of an update due to being busy working on my track car (build can be followed here).

It's no real secret to finding driving pleasure. A car you know well, which has enough power, handles well, an empty country road, and great weather.

Well after over 5 years of driving (somehow doesn't feel that long ago!), multiple cars driven, and plenty of miles covered, I reckon I've had my first true experience of driving perfection.

The best bit? The road is literally on my doorstep.

Quite a short stint at 4 miles, no traffic, warm summer's evening as well as national speedlimt along the road (you can probably guess, this is a good combo so far), but that isn't even the best bit...no pot holes!

Untitled

As you can see, it really has the makings of a perfect drive. I guess the next opportunity to hit this road would be early in the morning along with a clean car for some pictures!

The reason I found this perfection? Well I've had new shocks and springs (KW V2) fitted for about a year now and for the most part left it as it was since fitting them.

So the difference in how the car drove on its oem setup to KW's recommended setup was night and day different. Better turn in, flatter through turns and the loss of arch gap visually looks much better. But even then, there was no real wow factor, however recently, I opted to lower it a little more and soften the damping all around.

Here's a shot last year after the car was lowered. (Yes the stance is completely off, but it was a work in progress then!

162. Getting low.

And for now, it seems that has made all the difference to really enjoy the car! All in all, it's made me want to finish the track car off and get it on the road. Mainly due to being purpose built for just eating tarmac.

Seems somewhat illogical to not use my Z4 for that, but it honestly doesn't need the risk of being wrapped around a tree!


I guess BMW can't be sued for advertising their motto "Sheer Driving Pleasure".

Till next time!